Friday, July 1, 2011

Traveling in Shame

Why am I surrounded by ugly people at the airport? I believe that my everlasting mantra is to only be surrounded by beautiful people, at all hours of the day. My my, do I miss sorority.

Okay, let me lay it out for you: Shower and wash your face. Shave where appropriate. Brush your teeth, eat healthy, exercise and smile. Don't forget to get dressed in the morning, either. In no case is it acceptable to wear a cowboy hat as large as your entire upper body indoors (let alone in the airport!), and ugly piercings will not do either.

Now I know that conflicts do arise from time to time. I would like to add that, if in any case you DO have to look ridiculous, please wear a sign that clearly states so. For example, due to a strained ankle I am obligated to walk around in running shoes everywhere I go. I happily wear a sign (really, one piece of paper on either side of me held together by red string) that says "I apologize for my appearance. I have a strained ankle."

Is that so difficult?

No comments:

Post a Comment